Pulling myself together
It’s been months now since I had my little problem with my ankle and ligaments. They’re still a big problem and an operation looks as though it could be on the cards. Still though I need to get myself motivated and start pulling myself together and do some work sorting myself out. It’s not as though I’m lazy as I’m spending hours on a house project and the time that I’m not working on that then I’m at work earning my living, I really am a very busy person.
Thing is I need to get some work done on my personal self as well as the house, all my labour on the house isn’t making me any slimmer, it is making me a bit stronger but it’s a stronger back and grip it’s giving me, it’s a bit specialised. I need to start tidying myself up, my belly is getting a bit wider, my skin isn’t great and I’m sure my stamina has suffered tremendously from not running around on wintery mornings.
I realise I can’t do everything at once but I thought I’d knock together a list of items I’d like to address:
- Bio Oil on my hands and scars on legs, my hands are looking ancient, I think I’ve mentioned these in the past as being my painting of Dorian Grey, while the rest of me remains youthful-ish (well younger at least) my hands age rapidly. Also I carved up my shins the Christmas before last tripping over in my bedroom, they’ve not healed totally and as Bio Oil claims to be good on scars I thought it would be worth a go.
- Get back into trying out vitamins. I’ve kept this up but recently I ran out of Lycopene and Isoflavones – I’ve just restocked so I think I should make a concerted effort to keep it up and observe the outcome.
- Daily photo, I used to use a photo app to keep a daily photo of my face, it lapsed and again I should pour some effort into making more photos.
- Water, I tried the four litre or whatever litreage it was diet, it really seemed good, well good apart from having to get up for a leak in the middle of the night. It seemed to clear my head and I’ll bet it was doing my complexion a heap load of good too.
- The 5:2 diets, the diet that actually works for me, it’s not pleasant and does lead to starvation twice a week but hello… it does work and I need to lose some pounds.
- Cardio workout, now running is off the menu for the time being why not look to some other form of exercise, perhaps take up static rowing again.
- Physiotherapy, I have my first session with the physiotherapist on Friday, they’ll probably recommend that I do some regular exercises, I’ll have to add these to my regime.
- Test creams and potions, I have a bucket load of anti-aging creams and concoctions, how about I start trying some of them out.
- Grooming, I’m looking a bit dishevelled at the moment, I need a good power-bath, a good plucking and shaving too.
- Measurements, the only way to quantify progress realistically is the results of comparative tapes measure truths and weighing scales woes.
I’ll report back on my success just as soon as I get a tick on the list.